Available in the Laboratory of Dr Yinghui Li
Assistant Professor, School of Biological Sciences
Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
We are recruiting an innovative and highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to work with a team of researchers in the areas of epigenetics, RNA biology, chromatin interactions and cancer. Our laboratory is focused on elucidating the molecular mechanisms underscoring the activation of cancer driver genes and investigating the role of non-coding RNAs in the progression of human cancers. We are currently investigating the role of inflammatory mediators in transcription regulation and chromatin dynamics during cancer development.
The successful candidate should be able to work in a high spirited, dynamic and pro-active environment and perform standard molecular biology studies using a variety of in vitro and animal models. The candidate should also possess prior experience in investigating cell signalling pathways and genetic models of cancer, as well as demonstrate competence in CRISPR/Cas9 techniques and next-generation-sequencing methods including ChIP-seq, RNA-seq and chromosome conformation capture assays. A background in computational biology is a plus but not essential.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with:
- A recent PhD graduate (or 1-2 years postdoc experience) in the relevant areas of molecular biology, cancer biology and gene regulation;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in biochemistry, molecular biology and genomics work;
- Strong publication track record, indicated by first author publications in high quality journals.
- Ability to write/contribute to research articles, grants and keep meticulous notes/proper scientific documentation;
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking, written and oral communication skills;
- A strong team focus and ability to work independently;
- A demonstrated ability to supervise PhD students and junior research staff
A competitive remuneration package that is commensurate with the qualifications and relevant experience of the successful candidate will be provided.
To apply for the role, please email your detailed CV, research statement and at least two academic referees to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.